Impossible Girl Blog

Monday 31 October 2011

sweating it

Everyone's going crazy with these Philip Lim sweatpants

It looks so comfy and chic. Who would've thought these 2 C's can go together. :P


On the weekend, I also saw a budget version of these sweatpants at Forever 21 selling for $23. The F21 pair looks promising if you want to get in on the sweatpants trend but don't want to break the bank.


Here's my take on this look:
sweats_full
Instead of purchasing a new pair, why don't you dig around in your closet? For this look, I used an actual pair of sweats from Puma. I find that Puma has lots of cool styles that could easily transition from gym to street.


sweats_full2
I admit this is not the first time I tried this look. I've worn these sweats as work-pants before when we had to dress up for a sporty-themed happy hour at work.
As with the Philip Lim styling, swap out the running shoes and the sports bra and pair with dressier (with Philip Lim - leather coat and knit) or in a warmer climate, pair with cropped top and a vest (like my attempt here). BTW, that bag is my actual gym bag. I used to carry a Puma gym bag on gym days but since gym days is now almost everyday, I decided to buy a big dressy bag. 


sweats_hands
Painted my nails over the weekend. This is actually a bright pink shade but my camera sort of displays it as orange. Just trust me, it's bright pink. :P


sweats_necklace
To keep the sporty-chic vibe, I wore my layered necklace with the word "Sport" in case my outfit isn't clear enough. Ha!


I was wearing old Puma sweatpants, cropped top gifted from Cuz, old denim vest, Pedro gladiator heels, rings from Santorini, necklace Agnes B Sport, studded cuff from Forever 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment